2005 in Review
I like finding new ways to write year-end letters. I quasi-stole the following idea from Levendis. This year I present my summary in songs that were popular in the old-timey days of the 90s. Ah, how I loved those high school dances and the crying on the steps outside the hall that ensued because Evan or Mikey didn't ask me to groove with them.
January: Killing Me Softly by The Fugees. As in this crappy winter weather that won't go away.
February: On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men. B.A.Q. Proposes.
March: Missing by Everything But The Girl. As in: B.A.Q. missing everything from allspice to vacuum for his new house, going through bed, bread, couches, and tables along the way. J.C.Q. gleefully goes shopping with him to buy everything from pretty toothbrush holders to effective toilet plungers.
April: Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls. Little surprises start popping up in B.A.Q.'s backyard that he didn't know were there. This included not only pretty irises of all colours but also loads of dog poop from the two dogs of the previous owners that he had not noticed before the first snow. Unfortunately, there was no song named "Thirty Gallons of Dog Poop" although I'd love to see Mariah Carey or Celine Dion pull that off.
May: Nothing happened this month that I can remember. So I will just post some very 90s song here, like Macarena by Los Del Rio. Oh come on. It's hard coming up with something funny yet relevant for each month.
June: Torn by Natalie Imbruglia. What do I really want to do with my life? Ph.D. in Psychology? Or teacher? Or stay in the work force?
July: Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio. See May for explanation. Oh wait, I was in Toronto. Let's go with Fly by Sugar Ray then.
August: Again by Janet Jackson. As in: deciding to do another Bachelor's degree. Why oh why oh why should I put myself through this again? I suppose this also could have been Baby One More Time by Britney Spears.
September: Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin. Ah that wonderful first month of the semester when it's all party and no papers.
October: Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey. J.C.Q.'s brother and his girlfriend get engaged. Mom and dad's bank account is now accurately described by the song entitled I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston.
November: Sittin' Up In My Room by Brandy. Writing a crapload of papers. Need I say more?
December: Take A Bow by Madonna. J.C.Q. wraps not only her gifts but hundreds of others for friends and family. As per usual, spends more time on this than on studying for finals. And on that crappy joke note, I will leave you my fellow amigos.
Happy 2006. All the best from moi to you in this wonderful new année.
January: Killing Me Softly by The Fugees. As in this crappy winter weather that won't go away.
February: On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men. B.A.Q. Proposes.
March: Missing by Everything But The Girl. As in: B.A.Q. missing everything from allspice to vacuum for his new house, going through bed, bread, couches, and tables along the way. J.C.Q. gleefully goes shopping with him to buy everything from pretty toothbrush holders to effective toilet plungers.
April: Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls. Little surprises start popping up in B.A.Q.'s backyard that he didn't know were there. This included not only pretty irises of all colours but also loads of dog poop from the two dogs of the previous owners that he had not noticed before the first snow. Unfortunately, there was no song named "Thirty Gallons of Dog Poop" although I'd love to see Mariah Carey or Celine Dion pull that off.
May: Nothing happened this month that I can remember. So I will just post some very 90s song here, like Macarena by Los Del Rio. Oh come on. It's hard coming up with something funny yet relevant for each month.
June: Torn by Natalie Imbruglia. What do I really want to do with my life? Ph.D. in Psychology? Or teacher? Or stay in the work force?
July: Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio. See May for explanation. Oh wait, I was in Toronto. Let's go with Fly by Sugar Ray then.
August: Again by Janet Jackson. As in: deciding to do another Bachelor's degree. Why oh why oh why should I put myself through this again? I suppose this also could have been Baby One More Time by Britney Spears.
September: Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin. Ah that wonderful first month of the semester when it's all party and no papers.
October: Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey. J.C.Q.'s brother and his girlfriend get engaged. Mom and dad's bank account is now accurately described by the song entitled I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston.
November: Sittin' Up In My Room by Brandy. Writing a crapload of papers. Need I say more?
December: Take A Bow by Madonna. J.C.Q. wraps not only her gifts but hundreds of others for friends and family. As per usual, spends more time on this than on studying for finals. And on that crappy joke note, I will leave you my fellow amigos.
Happy 2006. All the best from moi to you in this wonderful new année.