Dear Wal-Mart Guy
Dear Wal-Mart greeter guy,
Stop saying hi to me when I walk in. Haven't you got the hint yet? I haven't said hi back to you for like the last fifty times.
Don't you have a retiree's pension kicking around somewhere so that you don't have to work like this? For eight bucks an hour? No seriously, I don't have a problem if you need the money and I don't want to put down the people that do. But you live right down the block from me in a really nice house. I know you're not hard up for cash, so what's the deal.
I mean wouldn't you be LESS embarassed to be dressed as a mascot for a pizza company and have people hurl insults and actual non-verbal but painful real objects at you as you dodge cars and stand precariously on the traffic dividers? If so, why don't you go phone Dominoes or something?
GO VOLUNTEER somewhere and reep the benefits of making a real difference or expect me to take you outside for a good old fashioned talking concerning WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT Wal-Mart.
Come on now,
J.C.Q.
Stop saying hi to me when I walk in. Haven't you got the hint yet? I haven't said hi back to you for like the last fifty times.
Don't you have a retiree's pension kicking around somewhere so that you don't have to work like this? For eight bucks an hour? No seriously, I don't have a problem if you need the money and I don't want to put down the people that do. But you live right down the block from me in a really nice house. I know you're not hard up for cash, so what's the deal.
I mean wouldn't you be LESS embarassed to be dressed as a mascot for a pizza company and have people hurl insults and actual non-verbal but painful real objects at you as you dodge cars and stand precariously on the traffic dividers? If so, why don't you go phone Dominoes or something?
GO VOLUNTEER somewhere and reep the benefits of making a real difference or expect me to take you outside for a good old fashioned talking concerning WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT Wal-Mart.
Come on now,
J.C.Q.
Here's my question...why are you shopping at Walmart?
Huh?
Tsk tsk JCQ...tsk tsk.
:)
-Sonia
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:46 PM
Good on you, Sonia. That is the real question. JCQ, you need to take a step back, and not put you well earned dollars into the horrible corporate monster that is WalMart.
Posted by
Tamara |
11:14 AM
Oh please. You guys crack me up. This is the second time you have gotten mad at me for going to Mr. evil Wal-Mart on this blog.
Just because something is bigger and because it's American and because it's actions are picked up by the media more doesn't mean it's *sooo evil* compared to anywhere else.
Let's take for instance where you guys go for groceries. Many would argue that Loblaws is fastly becoming the worst global citizen of all. And Safeway with their overt lameass excuse that "we're not as bad as Wal-Mart so it's okay for us to drastically cut our health-care benefits and treat our unions like crap because at least we're not employing people all over the world" is not acceptable.
So don't even get me started about targeting one place and how it's *somehow okay* to shop at other big boxes in the whole moral scheme of things.
I may be slightly more right-winged, but if you hate Wal-Mart, hate everyone like Wal-Mart, not just Wal-Mart, and then you can preach to me about why I'm oh-so bad, but not before.
Because I hate people telling me I shouldn't go to Wal-Mart, shouldn't have a guest registry at Wal-Mart, etc, as if I've never heard these arguments over and over and over before.
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:53 PM
Dear Anonymous,
I see that you are not proud of Wal-Mart enough to actually post your name with your crazy comment.
The REAL question is, why do you eat at Dominoes? Their pizza sucks!
Love,
Anonymous
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:52 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one afraid of that guy. He's like a kind of creepy happy that curdles my soul.
But, at the same time, my sister-in-law is a greeter at the East Wal-Mart, and she loves it, because she's a drama student and outgoing. (And she prefers it over the restaurant where she was a waiter and, in fact, a mascot.)
Posted by
Queen of West Procrastination |
11:20 PM