« Home | Can I Please Punch a Cathedral Village Hippie? » | My Poor, Pure Eyes! » | CANOE.ca: Wal-Mart sues for $175 for 'stolen' manu... » | A Visit to Dairy Queen Drive through » | Fish and fish line » | Unbecoming business cards » | And it just keeps on going » | Swiffer Sucks » | 50 People who Need a Vicious Beating » | Explaining Civics to New Debaters »

Two Views on a Promenade down Regina Avenue

The Setting:
Me and B.A.Q. just came back from watching the Centennial Fireworks with Bran Flakes and The Jurist. A very enjoyable time; but the most entertaining part of the evening occurred while me and B.A.Q. walked in the middle of the street with a large crowd of people going Westbound all the way down Regina Avenue to Montague to return to their automobiles.

Now most people know that you shouldn't drive down Regina Ave towards Albert St if you are trying to get home on a night like tonight. But there are always a couple of directionally/strategically challenged ducks out there. Case in point: A disgruntled woman in her early sixties driving a cherry red Camry was trying to get through to the Albert Street bridge. A small, crippled man in his early eighties holding a lawn chair was standing in her way. She started blaring her horn angrily.

My Reaction: "Argh! I am so furious! If my name were T. and I had a McFlurry, some son of a BLEEP would BLEEEP!I can't believe that woman nearly ran that man over! But by trying to get around him so quickly, his lawn chair scraped the side of her car. BAQ, you should have keyed her car! Stupid ignorant lady! What do you think is going to happen if you blare your horn going down a street with tons of people? Yeah lady, we'll be wasting your time even more in the long run when you have to go get your car repainted! B.A.Q., hold me back!"

About me

  • I'm Fishsticks
  • From Belgium
  • I am a Francophone that is a strong supporter of General T. Foolery’s mission. I use this blog to post about rien du tout or je-ne-sais-quoi ici et là. There’s nothing derisive or divisive here. No no, that takes too much effort. I try to post hebdomadarily. It rarely works given my slackedness.

    Unfortunately, my sidekick B.A.Q., an Anglophone, sometimes adds lackadaisical posts to this site, including tales of two nations warring within the bosom of one house. I apologize for this not-so-hilarious inconvenience. It does not happen frequently.