« Home | Wal-Mart now has a wedding and baby registry. You ... » | Today in KFC there were no vacant tables due to th... » | Did you know that there's a $500 fine for harassin... » | THAT'S IT. I am so sick and tired of people critic... » | THAT'S IT. I am so sick and tired of people critic... » | Outrageous! Apparently the Regina Airport Authorit... » | Wow. I am so overwhelmed by all the nice wishes pe... » | Today there is loads of sun out! Hooray! The snow ... » | Yesterday I had my first experience with curling. ... » | Today at work, there was no soap in the women's wa... »

Jacqueline's Dad: So Brett, does Eggs Benedict sound good for Easter breakfast?
Brett: Umm, I don't like eggs.
Jacqueline: Nor would he like the sauce. Or the ham. It's sliced too thin.
Brett: I'll just have toast.
J's Dad: Well, we have some homemade jams and peanut butter!
Brett: I don't like jam. I am allergic to nuts.
J's Dad: Do you like hot-crossed buns?
Jacqueline: Brett hates fruit. Especially dried pieces of fruit like those in the hot-crossed buns.
J's Dad: Well, maybe I'll just make pancakes and sausages.
Jacqueline: Brett doesn't like sausages. But he does like bacon.
Brett: And I love pancakes.
J's Dad: Fine. Pancakes and bacon it is!

In all fairness, Brett wasn't being like "I don't like this" and "I don't like that." It's just much more comical if I word it that way. But what I did write concerning his food tastes is true.

he he he...i remember dating someone who wouldn't eat tomatos, (or anything tomato-based) nothing green was good (only ice-burg lettuce) and it couldn't be something 'gourmet' like feta and sun-dried tomato pizza...all he liked was meat and potatoes, oh...and corn. It drove me nuts!!
-marissa

I love your parents cooking. I miss my one-week-a-year at your house. :(
-Helen

I love your parents cooking. I miss my one-week-a-year at your house. :(
-Helen

Eh -- it's what Chris's family is learning to deal with, with me. But, with me, there's also "I'm allergic to this list of things" (it's long) AND "no, actually, I don't ride a bike, and haven't since I was 9," and many other things.

The joys of becoming part of another family. Everyone learns that everyone else is crazy. I love it!

(Oh, goodness: Chris and me finding out what different tastes in food we have! We won't even be able to agree on what to put on sandwiches. The only kind of pickles he likes are the kind that I find the grossest ever. Opposite tastes in cheese. Etcetera. We're going to have to buy a large variety of things, just to feed us both.)

It's a good thing that I am not a picky eater at all, and Deron eats things that he doesn't like. I loves fried rice, but hates peas. So he picks out all of the peas and eats them first so that his rice is better.
Comical.

Kat: Brett likes pickles, white rice, and rice crackers.

Maryanne: Brett only likes the type of pickles I hate too! Weird!

Helen: Whatever, you're the one who ditched us, Miss Ditchie! My mom cried for a whole week and two days. You should come and stay at our house for a week this summer.

Tamara: Comical indeed! I think I remember Deron picking peas out of stuff. You should start putting them in everything just to annoy him. Pea pudding, pea pasta, pea perogies.

Kat: Brett likes pickles, white rice, and rice crackers.

Maryanne: Brett only likes the type of pickles I hate too! Weird!

Helen: Whatever, you're the one who ditched us, Miss Ditchie! My mom cried for a whole week and two days. You should come and stay at our house for a week this summer.

Tamara: Comical indeed! I think I remember Deron picking peas out of stuff. You should start putting them in everything just to annoy him. Pea pudding, pea pasta, pea perogies.

Kat: Brett likes pickles, white rice, and rice crackers.

Maryanne: Brett only likes the type of pickles I hate too! Weird!

Helen: Whatever, you're the one who ditched us, Miss Ditchie! My mom cried for a whole week and two days. You should come and stay at our house for a week this summer.

Tamara: Comical indeed! I think I remember Deron picking peas out of stuff. You should start putting them in everything just to annoy him. Pea pudding, pea pasta, pea perogies.

Excellent. Now I know what to do if I ever have to get you two a gift basket.

-- Kat (www.ordinarynoise.typepad.com)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Fishsticks
  • From Belgium
  • I am a Francophone that is a strong supporter of General T. Foolery’s mission. I use this blog to post about rien du tout or je-ne-sais-quoi ici et là. There’s nothing derisive or divisive here. No no, that takes too much effort. I try to post hebdomadarily. It rarely works given my slackedness.

    Unfortunately, my sidekick B.A.Q., an Anglophone, sometimes adds lackadaisical posts to this site, including tales of two nations warring within the bosom of one house. I apologize for this not-so-hilarious inconvenience. It does not happen frequently.