Today at work, there was no soap in the women's washroom. The woman beside me commented: "God, doesn't anybody do their job nowadays? Such simple things, but people always get them wrong!"
There are people (I used to be one) who think that they know other people's jobs and situations inside out. I am so sick and tired of people talking about how so-and-so is so stupid -- they are incompetent. Or why doesn't so and so do this my way -- it'd be much more effective.
Yet no one who makes such comments seems to have the guts to actually go up to the people they are wringing out and tell them what they think.
Before I exited the bathroom, a coworker took a towel and cleaned up the water marks the ignorant woman left.
Thankfully some of us believe in giving fellow humans a break, and the benefit of the doubt.
There are people (I used to be one) who think that they know other people's jobs and situations inside out. I am so sick and tired of people talking about how so-and-so is so stupid -- they are incompetent. Or why doesn't so and so do this my way -- it'd be much more effective.
Yet no one who makes such comments seems to have the guts to actually go up to the people they are wringing out and tell them what they think.
Before I exited the bathroom, a coworker took a towel and cleaned up the water marks the ignorant woman left.
Thankfully some of us believe in giving fellow humans a break, and the benefit of the doubt.
I totally agree with you. Although, I do believe we all have our moments.
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:43 AM
Personally, I think the more useful thing is, rather than talking about something, actually take action. Maybe the person is incompetent, maybe they aren't. But, at every building I've worked at, there's a number to call if there's a problem or shortage in the washrooms. Call it, let someone know, and, hey, if the worker needs disciplined, it'll happen :)
L
P.S. I invite you to my blog - jazmuaddib.blogspot.com
Posted by
Leander |
12:45 AM