« Home | Christmas Cats -- A Song by J.C.Q. » | Competitive gingerbread making! » | Three fruit trees, two laying hens, and a dairy co... » | DQ comes up with another unique flavour » | My celebrity look-alikes » | I lost my theme song! » | J.C.Q.'s topics of obsession for 2006 » | The more you fart, the less ya gain » | B.A.Q. crosses the finish line » | Jesus Camp, the Movie »

Figgy pudding stakeout

We went to our symphony's christmas concert yesterday with Levendis and Merveilleuse courtesy of my papa. We cheered very loudly for Gip's brother, who is a trombonist, even though one is not supposed to cheer during a symphony.

Then there was the singing of Christmas carols. This is where the shananigans got worse. Deron started altering the meaning of carols by inserting new punctuation. He thus sang "Christ! The child is born" à la Troy McLure's "No, money down!" I am not sure that the parents of the children sitting around us appreciated this. Merveilleuse started a stakeout and refused to leave until someone brought her some "figgy pudding -- right here!" We had to drag her to the car. I kept on doing retards when I wasn't supposed to (in music a "retard" is a slackening (slowing) of tempo, often during the end of a verse or song) and B.A.Q., well, his tone-deathticity generally puts a wrench in any song.

In any case, it was fun times.

To be fair, I altered the lyrics of Silent Night to "Christ, the saviour is bored!" Because those songs, they just went on, didn't they?

And Pat Fiacco is nothing without a comic shtick. He ought to think about not speaking at Council meetings.

To be fair, I altered the lyrics of Silent Night to "Christ, the saviour is bored!" Because those songs, they just went on, didn't they?

And Pat Fiacco is nothing without a comic shtick. He ought to think about not speaking at Council meetings.

To be fair, I altered the lyrics of Silent Night to "Christ, the saviour is bored!" Because those songs, they just went on, didn't they?

And Pat Fiacco is nothing without a comic shtick. He ought to think about not speaking at Council meetings.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Fishsticks
  • From Belgium
  • I am a Francophone that is a strong supporter of General T. Foolery’s mission. I use this blog to post about rien du tout or je-ne-sais-quoi ici et là. There’s nothing derisive or divisive here. No no, that takes too much effort. I try to post hebdomadarily. It rarely works given my slackedness.

    Unfortunately, my sidekick B.A.Q., an Anglophone, sometimes adds lackadaisical posts to this site, including tales of two nations warring within the bosom of one house. I apologize for this not-so-hilarious inconvenience. It does not happen frequently.