« Home | J.C.Q.'s topics of obsession for 2006 » | The more you fart, the less ya gain » | B.A.Q. crosses the finish line » | Jesus Camp, the Movie » | Badger 1, Duckies 0 » | CBC's Stupid "Bird Line" » | A Visit to Costco » | A phone call to Sister Bernadette » | Cheddar Biscuit's Drawing » | A Visit to Staples »

I lost my theme song!

I am wallowing in the crapulence of having just realized that my theme song -- the Pet Shop Boy's 1996 hit single entitled "Single" from the album Bilingual can no longer apply to my now-wedded self! Boo-urns!

But in good news, I was trying to figure out what "the UK PRC (the UKPRC?)" stands for in the lyrics, and came across two charming websites in the process:
Professor Wayne Studer's detailed analysis of every Pet Shop Boys' song in existence
And Stewart Bruce's list of TLAs and four-letter acronyms that actually exist for every single freakin' alphabet character combination. Way to go Mr. Bruce! (Google searched "Pet Shop Boys PRC" or some such)

PS -- Today is the birthday of Christopher Sean Lowe, who founded the Pet Shop Boys alongside Neil Tennant.

About me

  • I'm Fishsticks
  • From Belgium
  • I am a Francophone that is a strong supporter of General T. Foolery’s mission. I use this blog to post about rien du tout or je-ne-sais-quoi ici et là. There’s nothing derisive or divisive here. No no, that takes too much effort. I try to post hebdomadarily. It rarely works given my slackedness.

    Unfortunately, my sidekick B.A.Q., an Anglophone, sometimes adds lackadaisical posts to this site, including tales of two nations warring within the bosom of one house. I apologize for this not-so-hilarious inconvenience. It does not happen frequently.