« Home | A phone call to Sister Bernadette » | Cheddar Biscuit's Drawing » | A Visit to Staples » | Taquito's » | Tim Hortons drivethrough, 8:17 a.m. » | Tim Hortons Needs a Good Bashing » | Blog of the month » | Severe depression is caused by more than just a ba... » | A Letter to Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada » | Two Rat-Tail Combs »

A Visit to Costco

B.A.Q.: J.C.Q., when are you planning on updating your blog? Posting twice a month is taking advantage of your readers who expect much better than this
J.C.Q.: Then give me something worth posting about!

Costco, 36 hours later...
B.A.Q.: Ohhh! Look! It's Vaseline!
J.C.Q.: Yeah, so?
B.A.Q.: Look dear! I've been looking all over for Vaseline for the past year with no success until now
J.C.Q.: Did you go blindfolded through stores or what?
B.A.Q.: I'm serious! Vaseline is hard to find nowadays! I'm buying this! Come here Mr. Vaseline container. Oh wait, when I pick up this one container, the other one seems to be attached to it by some kind of plastic wrapping
J.C.Q.: That's because we're at Costco, dumbass, and I really don't think we need two big jars of Vaseline. I remember my friend Heidi telling me that her family bought one when she was a baby and they've since had four kids who are all grown up now and they still haven't used one-third of the jar. The teachers of the baby class they took told them to buy lots of it, and they've had the same jar forever. That stuff just never runs out!
B.A.Q.: So what? Look, seriously dear -- we can have this lifetime supply of Vaseline for only $5.85!
J.C.Q.: Great. Why don't we just buy one small container at some other store?
B.A.Q.: Because! Look, I swear! This stuff is rare! I haven't seen it around anywhere!
J.C.Q.: What, did all the petroleum reserves just dry up or something? Because I thought the market was looking pretty good the other day...
B.A.Q.: I'm putting this in our cart along with my six month's supply of toilet paper I will later make you buy for me since you will be using five months and 2.5 week's worth of it anyway. That's only fair.

On the drive back to J.C.Q.'s house
J.C.Q.: I still can't believe you made me buy all that Vaseline for you today. What do you use so much of it for anyway?
B.A.Q.: I use it as lip balm, of course!
J.C.Q.: You know, those lip balm companies sure rip us off. They want us to pay two dollars for a five gram stick of the stuff when you can buy a kilogram a Costco for only $5.85!
B.A.Q.: That's the spirit, dear!
J.C.Q.: Yeah well I still think you're stupid. But if we both used these two jars of Vaseline each year for lip balm instead of buying about ten dollars worth a year, we'd save... some 700 bucks!
B.A.Q.: Ah ha! So maybe I'm not that stupid after all, am I?
J.C.Q.: Quiet, B.A.Q.! I am trying to type!

I actually discovered the perfect way to use up large jars of vaseline. If you do any potted gardening and keep your plants on tables and stuff, and if you have a large ant population in your yard... you spread vaseline on the bottom couple inches of the table legs. It keeps the ants from crawling up and getting into all of your stuff.

Also, vaseline can be found at any pharmecy. Seriously, I used up all of ours in the greenhouse to keep the ants away from the tomatoes and herbs. We then went out to the first store and bought a small jar to replace it. It wasn't difficult to find at all.

Don't forget your Vaseline during pumpkin carving time! Use it on all the cut edges to keep them from drying up!

I think we should have a contest to think of different ways to use up the Vaseline.

Here's another entry: When dying your hair, use Vaseline just below your hairline to prevent dying your forehead.

How fun and exciting!

-Helen

Ever read Striptease by Carl Hiaasen? There's a few interesting uses for Vaseline in that novel!!

Don't beauty peagant contestants use Vaseline on their teeth to keep them super shiny?

Bran

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Fishsticks
  • From Belgium
  • I am a Francophone that is a strong supporter of General T. Foolery’s mission. I use this blog to post about rien du tout or je-ne-sais-quoi ici et là. There’s nothing derisive or divisive here. No no, that takes too much effort. I try to post hebdomadarily. It rarely works given my slackedness.

    Unfortunately, my sidekick B.A.Q., an Anglophone, sometimes adds lackadaisical posts to this site, including tales of two nations warring within the bosom of one house. I apologize for this not-so-hilarious inconvenience. It does not happen frequently.