« Home | CANOE.ca: Wal-Mart sues for $175 for 'stolen' manu... » | A Visit to Dairy Queen Drive through » | Fish and fish line » | Unbecoming business cards » | And it just keeps on going » | Swiffer Sucks » | 50 People who Need a Vicious Beating » | Explaining Civics to New Debaters » | Horrible Names for Kids » | Randall Jarrell »

My Poor, Pure Eyes!

At 11:17 a.m. this morning, Queen of West Procrastination and her affiliates led me down a dark, dirty road. The dirty, dirty road of using Google Image Search for pleasurable activities, namely that of finding out who or what shares your first name. For example, Queen of West was proud to discover a bright blue flip-flop with the same name as her. Others discovered similar pleasantries.

I innocently decided to join in the fun. Well, let me tell you: pressing "I'm feeling lucky" after typing my name in the search field was a huge mistake. Porn, porn, and more porn.

I am apparently the owner of a trashy name. Apparently half of all playboys and porn stars are named Jacqueline. Image after image after image of scantily-clad, big busted women in suggestive poses. Apparently every French woman's name has to be hijacked and used for abusive purposes!

This situation was all the more undesirable considering I was at work. Oh well, I suppose if they haven't gotten mad at me yet for surfing the Libertarian Party of Canada's website during my spare time, I doubt they'll be too upset. The Libertarians actually have the guts to ask: "Do you remember George Orwell's 1984? We do and that's a large part of what we're trying to prevent."

But I digress. Since I obviously don't feel like posting pictures of the results of my name search, send me yours. I'll put up your favourite Google Image Pic representing your name on my site. The best entry gets my sun-bleached Ruckers' tickets lying in B.A.Q.'s car.

Eisenhower's dog Heidi



Helen, the Sweetheart of the Internet




Nathalie, aka Nathalie X





Marissa Nadler


My name is just as bad. When I was working at ECF in Saskatoon, the afterschool kids and I went to the computer lab. One of the girls was entering her name.com, then her brother's name.com, then my name.com. Yup, you guessed it, porn site. And when I did the google images site, all scantily clad women. It's not just you.

As predicted there was much informaiton on Helen Keller and Helen of Troy. However, when I pressed "I'm feeling lucky" I found out there was a comic strip named after me. Apparently I am "Helen - Sweetheart of the Internet"
http://www.comicspage.com/helen/

Google.ca + my name + I'm feeling lucky = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348853/

It's a French movie that came out in 2003. Nathalie is the name a Parisian prostitute assumes for a special mission or "private investigation." She is engaged for this unusual, and secretive task by a professional, upper middle class wife who fears her husband is unfaithful to her. Nathalie has to seduce the clueless husband and regularly report all details of her relationship with him, including his most intimate sexual preferences in bed. Nathalie is stunning, charming and cunning. Can Nathalie and her reports to the mistrustful wife be trusted? Is the middle aged husband indeed unfaithful?

Interesting if I do say so myself. LOL

Blog is nice?
Proper English is also nice.
Don't stop.
-Helen

Here is what I found while searching my name on google...ckeck it out! http://www.marissanadler.com, too bad it's not porn ;)
-marissa

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Fishsticks
  • From Belgium
  • I am a Francophone that is a strong supporter of General T. Foolery’s mission. I use this blog to post about rien du tout or je-ne-sais-quoi ici et là. There’s nothing derisive or divisive here. No no, that takes too much effort. I try to post hebdomadarily. It rarely works given my slackedness.

    Unfortunately, my sidekick B.A.Q., an Anglophone, sometimes adds lackadaisical posts to this site, including tales of two nations warring within the bosom of one house. I apologize for this not-so-hilarious inconvenience. It does not happen frequently.