« Home | Blog Study 2 Follow-up » | Blog Study 2 -- July 2005 » | Obnoxious, obnoxious Turtles » | Good Quote » | Worst. Work. Ever. » | Casinos are Good » | North Korea » | BK and Doritos » | The Cat ate the Bat » | Blog Study 1 -- June 2005 »

Dumbest Canadian Tire Items

I now present you with the five dumbest purchases the Canadian Tire family has made:



1- Sea-Doo Seascooter Dolphin. So apparently swimming is too hard now. Whoever thought Canadian Tire could come up with a solution to our problem of exercise curbing the obesity epidemic. Great purchase for $200.00



2- Simoniz® 3-in-1 Cleaning Centre. I thought the purpose of washing your car at home was to save money. For $350.00 plus accessories and maintenance, I think I'll go to Petro Canada instead.



3- Air Zone Tent. For $300.00 plus a $50.00 pumping kit (goes up in an instant? My foot. Unless you have an electric inflator) I think I can find something better. Something that would deflate when a woodpecker misjudges its *air poles* for trees.



4- Vexilar Fishfinder. For $450.00 now you too can catch a cod. Or you can buy one at The Real Canadian Superstore for $3.50.



5- 7-in. Mobile Tablet-Style DVD Player. So by now I'm expecting the Canadian Tire wife to go ballistic, beat up her husband on CBC television, and tell him to quit spending money without asking her. He's digging into the RRSP funds, maxing out the credit cards, and they're going to have to file for bankruptcy protection given the imminent fall of their Canadian Tire stocks due to crappy product launches. Instead, she delights in his purchase of a mini entertainment system for a bunch of ill-mannered children that can't stay still because they're part of an unstable family and therefore have an unstable way of thinking, especially given their family can't afford breakfast anymore.

Now normally I would agree with you about Crappy Tire as I am not a huge fan of their stuff. But they were my spot for cheap painting gear!! When you are doing home renos on a budget, they are the place to go.

Just thought I would point out a few things...you are once again, misdirecting the masses. Nasty, nasty JCQ. You should know better. I thought this blog was about truth and honesty. Oh how I have been deceived...

1) Your Sea-doo dolphin misses the point!! Did you know that swimming is not the best way to lose weight anyway? Apparently swimming in cold water increases your overall food intake because your body is having to work harder to warm up your blood and muscles. Not to mention that the cold water sends messages to your body and brain to hold onto extra fat to keep you warm. If you are going to go swimming, do it in warm water. That's right, be annoying, do laps in the hot tub!

2)Now my understanding with the cleaning center was that it wasn't just for cleaning cars. It's also for cleaning the house and acts as a shop vac. Shop vacs are also expensive (I know, my parents bought one two years ago) but are handy to have in the garage. Last I checked, Petro Canada didn't vacuum out your car for you. Unless they've suddenly changed their policy. You can take a vehicle to places like Suds which will clean inside and out, but you are going to pay a hell of a lot more than $10.

3)Okay, I don't get the air-filled tent thing either. Makes me a little nervous. What would happen if you used helium instead? I highly doubt a woodpecker would mistake the tent for a tree (unless it's a really, really, really dumb woodpecker...and yes I suppose such creatures do exist). I would be more concerned with how the tent would fare in harsh weather conditions. I certainly hope there's something to anchor it down.

4)Fish finders are not new things, my dear. They've been around for quite some time. I remember my parent's friends had one on their boat (and that was 8 years ago). Now as for your cod pricing...what the hell kind of cod are you buying at Superstore? $3.50 my ass. You must be buying the one that says 10% meat protein on the box. If we are going to be fair...one would be catching a whole cod with the fish finder, correct? Therefore, one should compare with the price of a whole, fresh cod. My research tells me cod can be anywhere from 10-25lbs. You pay by the pound. If I pay $10 for a 1 lb trout fillet at Superstore, how much do you think a whole fish would be? You have to look at the cost/benefit analysis. If you are a regular fisher with a boat, the fish finder has virtually paid for itself by the end of the summer just with the cost of fish alone.

5)You lost me on the last one. Please make your rants more clear and concise for the rest of us. I can't counterbalance your blog if I don't understand what you're talking about.

Aren't I evil? If you don't mind, I have to go for a swim in the hot tub now. Toodles.

Bran

10-25 pounds has gotta be one fatass cod. I guess all that cold water swimming is making him obese. But all the hot Regina Dolphins guys I hung out with in high school looked mighty fine. Muscley abs, arms...

But I digress. So now I have nothing better to do this Friday at work than spend time looking up what a stupid, dumb cod weighs. Thanks a lot Bran. CBC (http://archives.cbc.ca/400d.asp?id=1-69-214-1081-20&wm6=1) says the average weight is 2.2 kgs.

Now according to Mike from the meat department at Sobey's on Albert Street, the price of cod today is $1.98/100 g. Or $43.56 per cod.

For about 513 bucks with tax for mr. fishey finder, that's equivalent to 513/43.56 = almost 12 cods.

That means your weird friends eat 58 or so pounds of cod each summer. Gross. Why do you hang out with people that eat so much cod?

I love getting paid for doing stuff like this.

I would just like to say that the Sea-Doo Seascooter Dolphin is actually great fun when you are scuba diving. We have scuba diving courses at our pool, and the company who puts them on brings them as 'toys' to play with. Because, apparently, scuba diving in the bottom of a pool isn't that fun. Who would've thunk it?

As well, I have lost 10 lbs in the past 2.5 months from swimming. So do not give my sport a bad reputation.
-Captain Lifeguard

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Fishsticks
  • From Belgium
  • I am a Francophone that is a strong supporter of General T. Foolery’s mission. I use this blog to post about rien du tout or je-ne-sais-quoi ici et là. There’s nothing derisive or divisive here. No no, that takes too much effort. I try to post hebdomadarily. It rarely works given my slackedness.

    Unfortunately, my sidekick B.A.Q., an Anglophone, sometimes adds lackadaisical posts to this site, including tales of two nations warring within the bosom of one house. I apologize for this not-so-hilarious inconvenience. It does not happen frequently.