I am a Francophone that is a strong supporter of
General T. Foolerys mission. I use this blog
to post about rien du tout or je-ne-sais-quoi
ici et là. Theres nothing derisive or divisive here.
No no, that takes too much effort. I try to post
hebdomadarily. It rarely works given my slackedness.
Unfortunately, my sidekick B.A.Q., an Anglophone,
sometimes adds lackadaisical posts to this site,
including tales of two nations warring within the
bosom of one house. I apologize for this not-so-hilarious inconvenience. It does not happen frequently.
I'm still stunned. Two thoughts kept coming to my mind: "Only in America," and "syncratism." This woman is single-handedly attempting to resist any sort of "trend" she sees happening in her society, thinking that she is therefore living for God.
KJV Bible? Shunning jeans? Home births/homeschooling/refusal to vaccinate, including a claim that vaccines contain aborted babies? I think I need to lay down. And I need to show this blog to Karl. He'll get very angry about this portrayal of homeschooling.
Two favourite parts:
1. The usage of Waterhouse's painting Ophelia as an example of modest dress. Got to love that about-to-drown-myself look.
2. The fact that her reading list includes Stephen King.
Posted by
Queen of West Procrastination |
1:37 AM
Oh my god...that's all I can think of right now...
-stunned marissa
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:18 PM
I showed the blog to Meg and Karl. They, too, are stunned.
Posted by
Queen of West Procrastination |
7:46 AM
This sure gives a bad name to all homeschoolers.
She is obviously ignorant of many other portrayals of Ophelia as a whore! Ah, wasn't that a good class?
Posted by
Fishsticks |
1:42 PM
I spazzed at her, piling on all my "social worker in training" jargon. I was completely professional.
I wonder if she'll even keep my post up. She seems to be in the habit of deleting stuff.
Posted by
Jen |
6:11 PM
Um, she's an interesting one.
Posted by
EternaLee |
3:09 AM