BK and Doritos
To paraphrase Levendis: "To paraphrase Jack Layton, there should be no "back of the bus" solutions in Canada." I'm sick of people that think their views give them the right to manipulate the rights of others, namely denying homosexuals the right to marry.
Speaking of manipulation, I was at Shoppers' Drug Mart today and five big full-of-themselves managers were walking around talking about product placement. They've decided to put the Doritos in two separate places just one metre apart from each other to target more people. One guy called this a "consumer innovation." Maybe every time I move around something in my house I'll smugly proclaim "innovation!" Move around the cans of mushroom soup: "Look Brett! Innovation!" Juxtapose the plants on either side of the Kleenex box -- "Innovation! I better take a nap. Making TWO great discoveries in such a short period of time requires rest." Sounds like a StrongBad e-mail.
I should have told this guy that I thought he merited a Nobel prize for this endeavour, and that they should immediately turn of the musac and put on something like "We are the Champions." Maybe they should just start taping Doritos to lottery tickets or something just to force people to buy them a little bit more.
This Shoppers' sham greatly reminds me of when Levendis and I were ordering an outrageous number of Starwars toys at BK and this manager came up to a new weakling acnied teen employee after he'd filled an order for a Whopper and she said: "You should have asked to make it a Value Meal. Whopper - Do you want a value meal? Right away. Push, push, push (hand gestures: one fist pounding into the palm of the other hand -- I don't quite know how that relates to pushing, but I guess BK is managing those Whoppers with an iron fist) Every time someone asks for a Whopper, push the Value Meal." To which Levendis replied: "We're right here!" She seemed too stupid to even care.
Speaking of manipulation, I was at Shoppers' Drug Mart today and five big full-of-themselves managers were walking around talking about product placement. They've decided to put the Doritos in two separate places just one metre apart from each other to target more people. One guy called this a "consumer innovation." Maybe every time I move around something in my house I'll smugly proclaim "innovation!" Move around the cans of mushroom soup: "Look Brett! Innovation!" Juxtapose the plants on either side of the Kleenex box -- "Innovation! I better take a nap. Making TWO great discoveries in such a short period of time requires rest." Sounds like a StrongBad e-mail.
I should have told this guy that I thought he merited a Nobel prize for this endeavour, and that they should immediately turn of the musac and put on something like "We are the Champions." Maybe they should just start taping Doritos to lottery tickets or something just to force people to buy them a little bit more.
This Shoppers' sham greatly reminds me of when Levendis and I were ordering an outrageous number of Starwars toys at BK and this manager came up to a new weakling acnied teen employee after he'd filled an order for a Whopper and she said: "You should have asked to make it a Value Meal. Whopper - Do you want a value meal? Right away. Push, push, push (hand gestures: one fist pounding into the palm of the other hand -- I don't quite know how that relates to pushing, but I guess BK is managing those Whoppers with an iron fist) Every time someone asks for a Whopper, push the Value Meal." To which Levendis replied: "We're right here!" She seemed too stupid to even care.
I'm not sure you can claim consumer innovation for changes like that for one consumer (and let's be honest...would Brett actually notice if you moved the mushroom soup?)...the Jurist has no idea where anything is in the house so it really wouldn't matter if I moved stuff around. If you are going to move stuff...do it for the purposes of feng shui. Tell Brett moving the plants closer to the kleenex increases his flow of sensitivity...or his fertility...whatever you prefer.
Bran
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:49 PM
Civil union sure. Marriage? Nah.
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:39 PM
Anynonymous, don't you readily admit that tons of religious termonilogies have been taken over by the political sector so as to mean something entirely separate from the religious concept? And, if so, what's so different about this case?
Posted by
Fishsticks |
3:41 PM